EAT: MOTHER'S DAY





Hello friends,

For the first time in a good few years, my family actually did something together for Mother's Day. This morning my mother, my father, and myself, went into South Bank for the Mother's Day Classic fun run. We all ran the 8 km, which I haven't run in a race before. I was very happy with my time and I'm looking forward to the 10 km run I'll be doing in a couple of months. I also beat my dad by about 30 seconds which was very exciting for me, hehe.

The weather was a little drizzly, so we headed home fairly soon after and on the way we stopped at an incredible Italian bakery on the way to buy an assortment of treats for morning tea and dessert (we take celebratory eating seriously in my house).

My dad and I split this amazing pistachio, uh, thing, this morning (...and a tiramisu). I'm not quite sure what it's called. But it tasted so flippin' good that I probably would have forgotten what it was called anyway.

How did you celebrate Mother's Day? And what did you eat?

x

PS On Friday night I went to The Best Gig Ever and saw Jeremy Neale and Go Violets. You can read my review here!