LIFE: LEFT ALONE

mornings with my kitty and a book

wanting a white shirt

bits and pieces

relaxing

russh and white chocolate cake

uni breaks

waiting for midnight juggernauts

standard uni fare

Thought it was about time for another Instagram post. As is evident in these photos,  I've been going through books like nobody's business lately. I really loved The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. All highly recommended.

I finished A Spy in the House of Love by Anais Nin this morning. I really liked the concept but I had to make myself finish it and I was left feeling a bit flat. So next I'll be going with something I know I'll enjoy; I still have an Austen and a Dickens, and a Coco Chanel biography, from my birthday so it will more than likely end up being one of those. What have you been reading lately?

I went to Flume and Chet Faker last night at Riverstage, which was incredible. It was an amazing show, I'm so glad I went. The lighting and visual effects during Flume's set was mindblowing. The two of them did some stuff together at the end as well, and I'm hoping that some of their collaborative work gets properly released soon! The only downside was that it was an all-ages show, and the multitude of twelve-year-olds made it feel a bit like a grade eight social. And everyone around me was talking through Chet Faker's set! Big boo to that because his voice is like something-out-of-this-world live. Little kids stink.

I'm going to Matt & Kim on Thursday, and Jeremy Neale on Friday so I'm going to be very sleepy by the end of the week, but, hey, it's worth it for live music, right?

x

Song of the Day: Left Alone feat. Chet Faker by Flume