EAT: LET'S GO




I'M CURRENTLY DYING OF EXCITEMENT BECAUSE MATT & KIM HAVE ANNOUNCED THEIR SIDESHOWS FOR GROOVIN' THE MOO FESTIVAL AND THEY'RE COMING TO BRISBANE AND I AM GOING TO GO AND I'M SO ECSTATIC!

I love Matt & Kim!

I went out for breakfast on Monday morning with my university friend Cami, to Harvey's on James Street in Fortitude Valley. After a week cooped up with sore teeth and a pretty bland diet, I couldn't resist the ricotta-buttermilk pikelets with caramelised banana and honeycomb butter - doesn't the sound of it just make your mouth water? I can assure you that it tasted even better than it sounds. Cami added smoked bacon to hers, which definitely looked equally amazing!

After a delicious breakfast, we hit up the cinema and saw The Impossible, which is the true story of a family caught in the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami, starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor. It was a fantastic movie, not the sort of thing I'd usually go for, but I'm glad I saw it. Definitely confronting at times (I'm terrible with blood!) and very sad (I was sobbing most of the way through) but overall a really good job, in my opinion. So, it's definitely a movie I recommend!

My exciting news is that a week or two a go, I finally got my license. It's great to finally be able to drive myself around and I'm relishing in the fact that I can go anywhere I want at any time.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

x

Song of the Day: Let's Go by Matt & Kim