LIFE: RETROGRADE

Going through my parents' records

Listening to The Doors

This week's magazine purchases

The book I'm currently reading

Lazing about

Fallen in love with James Blake

Hello friends!

How is everyone? I'm having a lovely lazy day today. Slept in a little, went to the gym, had delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Baked Oatmeal for breakfast, did my French homework... and I've just spent a couple of hours reading and listening to music. Heaven. I love weekends.

At the moment I'm reading 'On Beauty' by Zadie Smith. Has anyone read any of her books? I'm really enjoying it so far - it's one of those books you really don't want to put down. I also recently finished 'Jack's Book: An Oral Biography of Jack Kerouac', which I also really liked. Having read 'On The Road' a month or so ago, and visited San Francisco and other parts of America last year, it was nice to be able to put things in context. If you're at all into Beat literature or poetry, I highly recommend it! What have you guys been reading lately?

I've also been digging through my parent's old records and having a fiddle with them on our record player. I love records - there is something so tactile about them that makes listening to music on them a more complete experience than pushing a button on a keyboard.

In saying that, I want you all to push a button on your keyboard and listen to this song. I heard it on the radio yesterday and thought to myself 'what is this amazing-ness!?' I've been listening to James Blake for the last few hours while I'm reading and I can't get over his voice. Wonderful.


I hope you're having an amazing weekend!

x