WONDERFUL ELECTRIC







I have really been enjoying getting back into sketching and filling up my scrapbook (totally misspelled that as 'crapbook' about fifteen times just now) with lists and cut-outs and other inspiring odds and ends over the past few months.

I am by no means a great talent at drawing but I thought I'd share a few of the things I've done lately. When I draw, I get so totally immersed in what I'm doing that time seems to disappear. It's such a great release. I have always been very scared of tackling faces and hands but I'm slowly conquering that fear. I'm not sure if it's 'cheating' but I find using a grid to be very useful in getting my proportions right. Then I trace my initial sketch and slowly fill in the detail.

Daphne was my first drawing using this method, and I was really happy with the end result. I'm finding it really hard to translate the Gemma one off the grid - it's got a lot more detail!

I'm also scared of using colour, especially for people, so I've started slow using things like perfume bottles. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to add some colour to my sketches of people!

I like recording lists as well - 'Most Attractive Males Ever', 'Reasons I Like Fashion', 'Songs I Have Obsessed Over' - and gluing in photos of artwork, fashion, places etc. that strike a nerve with me.

Last night I saw Les Miserables. It was amazing! I haven't read the book (Yet! It's just been added to my must-read-list!) or seen the stage show, so I only had a very basic understanding of the storyline, so I'm not sure if that affected my opinion or not! I was really impressed by the casting though. Hugh Jackman was so impressive. I managed to make it through with no tears but I'm sure once it comes out on DVD and I can watch it by myself in my bedroom, I'll be bawling the whole way through. And, on a far more superficial note, Eddie Redmayne and Aaron Tveit = HNNNNNNGGGG.

I cannot believe that 2012 is almost over. I don't have anything big planned for New Years, but I am going to advance screening of Hitchcock which I am very excited about! Then I'll be heading to a friends house for  a bit of a shindig. Should be good!

x

PS: I've been listening to Goldfrapp all afternoon and all I can say is 'WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!?' Amazing!

follow me on:
tumblr
twitter
instagram @elizabuzacott