DON'T SAVE ME




top - cotton on
skirt - shakuhachi
brogues - nu & nan
bag - mulberry

I definitely shouldn't have gone sales shopping yesterday.

But I did, and despite spending money I don't have, I have this amazing shakuhachi skirt (abundance of creasing added by yours truly) to show for it, so, reeeeaaallyyyy, maybe it was a good thing I went.

Midi skirts have always been a piece of clothing that I want to wear, but I have never been quite sure how to go about doing so. Given that I somewhat lack the supermodel-esque stature that seems to lend these pieces their elegance, I have always worried that longer lengths will leave me looking dumpy and short, so I've generally stuck to above-the-knee options. 

I think, though, that this skirt may be my midi-soul-mate. The layered mini-midi hemline and high waist alleviate my fear of being mistaken for an oompa-loompa, and super floaty fabric is a dream to wear. Paired with a sheer blouse, it's the kind of outfit that was made for humid summer days.

I'm looking forward to dressing this outfit up for night with chunky heels and a clutch, but for daytime, a satchel and brogues make me feel appropriately dressed-down.

I hope you guys all had an amazing Christmas! I spent the day with my family, relaxing at home with new books to read and new music to listen to, and eating way too much delicious food!

x