nothing comes for free.






vest - vintage
skirt - vintage
shoes - basque
jacket - sussan
bag - vintage
hat - from vinnies

Hello guys,

Gosh, I love holidays. Outfit posts, galore! I look slightly pained in the first photo. Or maybe it's just the shadow from the hat. Or the stress of trying to pull an 'I'm-not-a-dork' face in front of the camera. Either or, I suppose!

I would just like to say a big 'thank-you!' to Jessica for awarding me the 'kreative blogger award.' It's lovely to know what I'm writing is being read and appreciated. Jessica has such a lovely blog, and I urge you all to go and check it out.

So. According to the award guidelines, I am supposed to award ten more people, as well as tell you all ten things about myself. Hmm, this could take a while.

  • I love history. I find it absolutely fascinating (and sometimes very frustrating) to learn about the way society worked in the past, and the impact that other's actions have had on our world today.
  • I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I absolutely love writing. I want to study Creative and Professional Writing at university, majoring in fashion, and I live in hope that one day I will be paid to write about clothes and shoes and bags.
  • I suppose this stems off the love of writing, but I love reading as well. Books and magazines are my escape. My favourite books are The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, The Great Gatsby by Scott F. Fitzgerald, and Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, as well as the Harry Potter books.
  • I collect 'coffee table' books about fashion and style. In fact, Influence by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen just arrived in the mail today.
  • I have a massive thing for hats. It doesn't matter if they're new, second-hand or vintage, or where they come from. I love them. They just add a certain something to an outfit.
  • I love to run. Running is my chance to get away from it all. I could run and run and run all day. 
  • I grew up living on top of a mountain. I had the best childhood. I had a massive backyard that was like a jungle, it was the best playground a kid could ask for. I would love for my future children to have the same upbringing, but first, I want to live in the middle of the city for a while. I don't like living in the 'burbs.
  • I am very shy and very quiet. I'm not very good around new people, but I am improving at being more open and friendly.
  • I am family oriented. Being an only child I am very close to my parents, and, of course, my cat.
  • I love travelling. Anywhere and everywhere. I want to live in London when I'm older, although Paris is my favourite city in the world.
Now, ten more blogs that I love. I'm going to focus on the smaller blogs, the ones that maybe don't have thousands of followers, because sometimes I think they don't get as much attention as they deserve. Please, go have a gander at them all.
In other news, on Tuesday I bought the gorgeous second hand, navy, sun-hat that you can see above, and a lovely printed vintage blouse, from the local op-shop. There have been some real finds there lately. Yesterday I went to Paddington and found a lovely vintage floral playsuit that actually looks more like a dress on. It's quite adorable. I also bought a vintage 'grannie dress'. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I love it.

Have a beautiful day!

xx