do you believe that there's treasures in the ocean?

I've recently gotten into a couple of sixties sitcoms in a big way. Definitely not the best thing for my study, but I've become a little obsessed with the adventures of Samantha in Bewitched and Jeannie in I Dream of Jeannie.

I'm not quite sure why I haven't discovered these shows before now, but they make a nice change from the police and reality shows that seem to fill our screens these days. They're frivolous and funny, without resorting to being crass or rude, two things that appear to be something of a rarity in most modern shows aimed at people my age.

And of course, how could I not mention the fashion? My father has been known to walk past as I'm watching Bewitched and exclaim what a horrible dress she's wearing, but personally, I think they're great. The crazy-bordering-on-ugly prints, bright colours, shift dresses, the genie outfit, the blonde 60s hairstyles... basically the whole sixties vibe. I love Jeannie's cutesy mini-dresses, just as much as Samantha's more conservative housewife style.

Setting off some serious cravings to go vintage shopping!
source.

source.


source.

source.

source.
Aren't they great? 

xx