birthday greetings.



My beautifully decorated cake - YUM!!


JOSH THOMAS tickets!


Plenty of yummy goodies for the afternoon!




Lots of happy snaps!



I have a new long, blunt. fringe :)

Wingardium Leviosa!



I'm obsessed with her hair!


It's Josh Thomas!



Hey guys.

Last night was my birthday celebration, and I went with a group of friends to go see Josh Thomas (he's an Australian comedian, if you don't know who he is), with a bit of a picnic in the park beforehand. I had a really lovely time. The past week at school has been rather tumultuous for some of my friends, so I think it was nice to be able to go out and have a bit of fun.

As you can see, we had a rather delicious gluten, dairy and fructose free cake complete with pretty decorations and yummy homemade cookies, as well as the party staples of lollies, dips and crackers, and chips. Presents varied from a Harry Potter costume, to a Bonsai plant, with each one being just as lovely as the previous. But more on that later in the week, once I've had my 'real' birthday. I think a 'present post' will be in order, hehe.

As for Josh Thomas himself, he was absolutely hilarious. Rude, yes, but hilarious. And also rather good looking. I was a good little fangirl, and and bought a poster to get signed, which will be framed and probably reside on my bedroom wall.

All in all, a fantastic night, and a big thank-you to my amazing friends for making it so brilliant. ♥

You might have also noticed, I've got a new fringe! It was kind of a last-minute decision. I had only planned to get a trim, but I decided I was bored of my hair and needed a change without losing the length... I did have a fringe like this last year, but let it grow out because I was getting tired of having to do it every morning. However, I think that I look better with a fringe, and it suits my personality (does that sound weird?), so I've attempted to solve that problem by going out this afternoon and buying some nice headbands to use when I don't have the time to do my hair.

I'm also been thinking of getting my hair chemically straightened. Have any of you had any experience with that? I really dislike my frizzy waves, but love the way my hair looks when it's dead straight, like it was yesterday. Apparently it lasts for aaaaages, I guess because it grows out, so I think it'd be worth it. Hmm, decisions.

All this hair talk got me thinking about the relationship we have with our hair. I remember reading an article in Russh a few years ago, where it talked about how when drastic things happen in our lives, our hair is a pretty good reflector of this. I tend to agree. Finished school? Dye your tips pink or blue. Broken up with the boyfriend? Chop off your hair to signify a new beginning. Landed your dream job? Get a sophisticated cut, colour and blowdry before your first day. 

I could list a hundred people I've known who've done any or all of the above, and those are just three examples off the top of my head. My reasoning behind the behaviour is that someone's hair is pretty much the first thing you notice about them. And unless you're in fancy dress, I'd say it's pretty mch the first thing people notice about you. So it only figures that when we want to show the world that we're ready to move forward in our lives, our hair is the first thing we use to signify this.   

Have any of you known someone who's done that kind of thing? Or maybe you've done it yourself. I hope there aren't too many horror stories out there. I've heard of many-a-girl who's had her long waves turned into a Edie Sedgewick style crop, only to realise a week or two later that she hates it, but there'll be a good six months of (im)patiently waiting for her hair to grow back to a reasonable length.

Well done if you made it through to the end of the post, hehe.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!

xx