A healthy breakfast recipe that tastes just like a delicious creamy dessert? You bet. Brimming with fruit, filling oats and refreshing coconut, this overnight oatmeal recipe has become my go-to recipe not just for breakfast but for lunch and dinner as well.
This recipe is perfect for on-the-go meals because the earlier it is made ahead of time, the better. I take it to work for those mornings when I have 5 am starts and it goes down beautifully with a hot cup of coffee.
(can be vegan, dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 heaped teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 milk of choice (I use So Good coconut milk)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional: 1 tablespoon peanut butter and/or 1/2 cup Greek or coconut yoghurt to serve)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients and stir well
- Add blueberries and fold in carefully
- Leave for at least four hours or overnight
- Top with peanut butter and/or yoghurt to serve
Peanut butter and yoghurt to serve are entirely optional, but I'm not huge on snacking so find the bit extra helps me get through til lunch. Plus, peanut butter goes with everything. Fact. Enjoy!