INSPIRE: TATTOOS

When I was younger, I was so opposed to the idea of tattoos. The way they 'wrinkle' and 'fade' as you age and the pure permanence of them turned me right off. But recently I've begun to see the appeal. The rest of our body gets wrinkled and faded too. There is something quite powerful about carrying a tattoo that holds personal importance with your through your entire life. And on a superficial level (because, let's face it, there is generally some level of superficiality in the decision to get a tattoo), I think they can be very beautiful.



images from the sartorialist
 A couple of weeks ago, The Sartorialist posted a number of photos from a pool party and a vintage car show at Viva Las Vegas. Almost all of the women had tattoos. It fitted the vibe so well. I love the way woman's dress and tattoo in the bottom photo almost blend to one. Her tattoo is part of her outfit.

I would love your opinion on tattoos, because they seem to be a very contentious thing. If I were ever to get a tattoo, I think it would be discreet and personal. What do you think?

On another note, I was lucky enough to go see Midnight Juggernauts on Friday night. You can read my write-up of the gig on The Dwarf here!

x