LITTLE TALKS






Something I am really passionate about is eating food.

Something I am slightly less passionate about but still enjoy is taking photos of food before I eat it.

The biggest problem with the latter is that it means I have to wait longer to eat said food. This can be especially problematic when eating hot food in cold weather or cold food in hot weather. I really enjoy doing both of these things so, often, photography is thrown aside in favour of eating.

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. I cannot get enough of breakfast foods. Pancakes, French toast, normal toast smothered in peanut butter and honey, muesli, fancy yoghurts, Eggs Florentine, baked tomato, baked mushrooms, omelettes...

I should probably have stopped at one or two examples, but the truth is I didn't really want to. I like listing delicious foods.

However, usually my breakfasts are variation on a theme.That theme is OATMEAL. Cooked on a stove, baked in the oven or microwave, or left overnight in the fridge, and then adorned with all manner of delicious toppings come eating time.

Given the crazy heat we're having in Brisbane at the moment, cool and refreshing overnight oats are making getting out of bed each morning a whole lot easier at the moment. This morning's breakfast looked so good that I forced myself to take a couple of quick snaps before digging in.

If you've never tried oatmeal, then, first of all, shame on you, and second of all, what are you waiting for?! This banana/berry/peanut butter explosion makes a divine introduction.

Banana, Mixed Berry and Peanut Butter Overnight Oatmeal

In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk), 1/2 cup strawberry yoghurt, 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 mashed banana. Top with remaining 1/2 chopped banana and leave overnight.
Enjoy!


In morning, heat up approx. 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries in the microwave for about 2 minutes (keep an eye on it!). Top oatmeal with 1 tbsp peanut butter, warm berries, small handful frozen berries, and shake of cinnamon.

On a side note, with the WWD report and all, it's beginning to look fairly definite that Alexander Wang will replace Nicolas Ghesquière the new creative director at Balenciaga. What are your thoughts? I have mixed feelings... I love Alexander Wang and I have absolutely adored Balenciaga under Ghesquière, but I feel like their aesthetics are quite different. I was hoping that the Christopher Kane rumours would turn out to be true, but if it does turn out to be Wang, I will be looking forward to seeing what he does for the house. 

x