LAST YEAR






top - effigy 
shorts - wind and water
shoes - dotti
cardigan - sussan
headband - sportsgirl
bag - vintage

I had work NYE but luckily I got let off early so I stayed at a friends house and saw in the new year with friends, music, laughs and some great food.

I think these shorts have been on my blog at least a million times but they are my favourite thing in the world so I will continue to wear them with anything and everything.

It was my sister's birthday on Friday and tonight I'm making dinner + dessert for the family. There is a blueberry swirl cheesecake in the oven as we speak (write?).

2011 was a fairly major year for me. I guess the overarching thing that happened was that I finished school,  and have started to make my own way in the world. I think, though, I'm more excited for next year. I'll be turning 18 in early March. I don't drink so the fact that I'll be able to buy alcohol doesn't really excite me a great deal, but I am excited about being able to vote, and buy tickets for 18+ concerts and festivals. I'll also be starting university. I don't know if I've gotten into my course but I'll find out in a week and a half. Whether I end up with my first preference or not, it will be the next big step in my life and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Hope you celebrated the new year in style!

x