geek.





All pictures from we heart it.
Hello :)

Gosh, it's certainly nice to not be going to school, but it's only been a week back at school and I've already got a LOT of schoolwork to occupy me! Between school, training and work, life just feels like it's turned into a bit of a whirlwind recently, but I'm really enjoying being back doing triathlons. Well, I haven't actually competed in one yet, so I guess I'm enjoying being back training for them!

Luckily, the subjects at school I've had so far I've enjoyed. I'm looking forward to pretty much everything we're studying this term, and I have high hopes for the rest of the year. It's be great if I enjoyed pretty much everything, I find it's so much easier to get good grades when you're interested in what you're learning about.

In English we're doing Macbeth. I'm not a huge Shakespeare fan, most of his stuff is way to disturbing, and Macbeth is no different, but at the same time, it's a pretty intriguing story. Ambition makes people do crazy things, still, so the play is just as relevant now. In English Extension we are starting off with a novel analysis, and I've chosen Animal Farm by George Orwell. I've only read the first chapter so far, but I like the book, and as we are studying Russian history in modern, it'll be a bit easier to understand if I've got some background information. In music we're doing 20th and 21st century styles of music, which, to be honest, I find a hundred times more interesting than Baroque or Classical, or any of those styles that existed hundreds and hundreds of years ago. Ancient history is the Romans, which I've been looking forward to studying since the beginning of last year, and in modern we are starting off with an essay, and I'm doing mine on Catherine the Great, an extremely ugly, but extremely intelligent woman, from what I've gathered so far.

Yes, I'm a bit of a reading, writing, history geek. I think other time periods and other cultures are so fascinating.

Another one good thing about being back at school is I don't have time to shop anymore, so I can start saving again. A Mulberry Alexa bag is the latest addition to my wishlist, isn't it just divine?

Love,

Eliza

xx

PS: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, for following new followers! I know I've been a little slow on checking out new followers blogs and replying to comments, but I assure you, it's getting done. How sad that I only get between two and ten comments on average per post and I still struggle to keep up with them, haha!