polished up.











dress - vintage
shoes - basque
coat - good question
nail polish - SHOP loves sunset by kit

Hello,

I have to confess, this outfit hasn't actually been out of the house - yet. I decided to try on the dress to decide what I was going to do with it, as it's quite big and baggy, but after I belted it up, I decided I quite liked the way it looked and thought I'd take a few photos to see how it translated into real life. Then I saw the coat in my cupboard and had to try it on, and, well, it kind of went from there. But there's no need to worry. I like this outfit, quite a lot, and rest assured it will be going out and about over the next few months, although possibly with the addition of tights and a cosy beanie and scarf, if today's weather is any indication of the coming winter!

In the end, I've decided that I'm going to split the dress into two: a printed blouse and a pleated skirt. That way, I've got myself a see-through pleated skirt (very on-trend) and a nanna-print oversized blouse (not so on-trend, but I'll love it nevertheless).

Anyway, the nail polish came free with last month's issue of Shop Til You Drop, but I've only just got around to trying it, and I really do like the colour! But, please forgive the old-lady hands. I really do have weird hands, I discovered today. Small palms, but long skinny fingers, with enormous knuckles. Odd.

Well, I'm off to bed now, as I've been busy studying all day and I'm getting a bit sleepy. Tomorrow I'm going out to brunch for a late my-birthday/mother's-birthday/mothers-day brunch with my parents which should be lovely, but then it's sadly back to my maths and english extension  assignments in the afternoon!

Well, have a lovely rest of the weekend!

xx

PS: You can now like my facebook page here, to get updates of new posts and happenings on the blog, straight to your facebook wall.