holidays.

HOLIDAYS!

It feels amazing to have no assessment to worry about, no having to wake up at 6.30am to get ready for school, and no homework to come home to each night. The end of terms one, two and three are fantastic but nothing compares to the feeling of finishing a school year, and knowing you have eight weeks of freedom ahead of you!

To be honest, I wasn't nearly as excited for the summer holidays as I usually am, probably because I've had so much time off this term, and I was just getting back into being at school and seeing my friends everyday, but now that I've actually finished, I can definitely say it's a good feeling. As far as plans, I haven't got much set in stone yet, but I've got plenty of Grand Plans.

I always make lots of plans and have so many ideas of things I'm going to do, but I never end up doing them because I'm too lazy, or I run out of time, or I find some other convienient excuse. But, this summer is going to be different. I've decided I'm going to put the following list of things I want to do down the sidebar of my blog, and as I complete them, I'll cross them off, and blog about them. Sound good?

  • Go on a picnic, complete with basket, homemade food, reading material, a frisbee, music and friends/family.
  • Go to a backyard or park BBQ
  • Go to GOMA
  • Go to the Queensland Museum
  • Go to the Lighting of the Christmas Tree in the city
  • Attend a Christmas carols event - somewhere, anywhere!
  • Go to an outdoor movie
  • Start learning the basics of Italian or French
  • Make pillows
  • Make Christmas decorations for the house
  • Make (or at least start) making a quilt
  • Go on photography trips with my lovely friends Shelley and Tess
  • Go to numerous markets and Christmas markets
  • Clean out my wardrobe and donate my old clothes to charity
  • Shop at second hand shops for replacement clothes!
  • Spring-clean (summer-clean?) my bedroom and give it a bit of a makeover
  • Make presents for all my lovely friends birthdays next year in advance
  • Go ice-skating
  • Take my old retro bike to Byron and ride it around like the locals
  • Go backyard camping
  • Stock up on books and magazines and read as much as I can
  • Volunteer at Endos Paddington, and at the Lifeline Gift Wrap
  • Find a pen-pal to write letters to
  • Get my camera out every day and record it on my blog
And that will do for now. If I come up with anything else, I'll add it to the list ♥

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE ON HOLIDAYS!

xxx